avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: single lib/ dir vs many lib dirs (cvs commit: avalon-apps/enterprise/tools/util checkstyle.xml...)
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:13:49 GMT
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:04, Leo Simons wrote:
>  > I just use a minimalist build file for
> >
> > gump and do the full build with maven. A little extra work but I have
> > about 4 trees set up this way and it is relatively easy to do.
>
> I know :D (for others, example at
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/spice/spice/components/class
>man/).

bad example. I haven't really had time to setup sspice like I run some
internal/personal projects. WIll see if I can convert to show how easy it can
be ;)

> It is just that from experience we suck badly at maintaining multiple
> files, so it makes sense to pursue the goal of having only one file per
> "something".

perhaps but it gets it done in about 5% of the time it would take to do it
"right". Especially when others are already working on it ;)

> ooh, btw, the text on http://spice.sourceforge.net/ should be darker. My
> eyes hurt :D

aww. Looks fine in my setup. Feel free to send me a screenshot offlist so I
can see what you see.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald