avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: avalon-framework **Util.java
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:46:43 GMT
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:39, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
> >
> > What is a problem is that
> > as it stands now both Log4j and Logkit (and xerces/xalan in
> > JDK1.3) have to be in the same classloader as avalon. This
> > adds extra complexities that we just don't need
>
> Factoring out the DefaultConfigurationBuilder/Serializer along
> with other similar classes ([Namespaced]SAXConfigurationHandler)
> should do it then, or?
>
> Is there any other places in AF where any XML code is used?

From memory the files that need to be factored out include;

logger.Loggable
logger.AbstractLoggable
logger.LogKit2AvalonLoggerAdapter
logger.LogKitLogger
logger.Log4jLogger
configuration.ConfigurationUtil
configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder
configuration.DefaultConfigurationSerializer
configuration.NamespacedSAXConfigurationHandler
configuration.SAXConfigurationHandler

And I think there was one more somewhere ... forget.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald