avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Documentation Format
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:47:55 GMT
Hello.

It's been awhile since I've worked on avalon (and I've missed it!), but about a
month or two ago I started a Fortress Tutorial.  I have quite a bit of stuff
written up at this point, but it's rather disorganized.  My original hope was
that it would be a basic "Getting Started with Avalon" tutorial.  I believe I
can put it all together over the next day or two but I was wondering first
about what format to use and about what other efforts are underway.

Specifically, would it be best to use the Forrest XML format (which is how I
started writing it), or Docbook, or even just put it in the Wiki site?  Also,
what are the plans for the "avalon-for-beginners" documentation mentioned on
the "Getting Started" page (http://avalon.apache.org/getting-started.html)?

I would really love to help on some of the documentation, but I feel I'm a bit
out of the loop now.  If there's some other area that needs more attention, I'd
be willing to switch gears.

Thanks,
jaaron