avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Projected Set of Components for Phase II
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2003 12:14:52 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
 > Please take the time to look at what needs to be done for these prior
 > to a release.

I'd like to point out once more that the stuff we're doing is mostly
better than excalibur-4.1. I'm all for release early, release often.

I think Steve should start checking he is happy with the manifests
sooner rather than later :D

One thing we need to do is look at version numbers. For sourceresolve
and event I believe they need to be bumped a minor version still; for
datasource probably a micro

> Compatibility

Showstopper atm is the unit tests failures for CLI. Otherwise this looks
to be just-about good enough. I still think it is rather dumb to provide
only the single jar.

> DataSource

honestly can't say. Looks like a good package :D

> Event

I don't use it (except in fortress :D), but it looks good.

> Fortress
> LifeCycle

pending resolution on the metablahblah, push these out to phase III.

> SourceResolve

again, don't use it, could do with more tests and docs, but I saw
Carsten update stuff so if he is happy with things I am too.

> Monitor

this has test failures too, which is a showstopper.

cheers!

- Leo