avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Structure of downloads
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:22:13 GMT
from http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html:

Structure of downloads
Each project (and sub-project) should follow this layout:

---
  |--- source/
  |--- binaries/
       |--- platform/  [optional if produce platform-specific binaries]
  |--- KEYS (containing PGP keys of all Release Managers to date)
  |--- current (symlink to the current source tarball)
  |--- current-source-tarball (symlink to the current source tarball)
[optional]

obviously, avalon is not following this practice. Should we start
following it, should we talk on infrastructure about why we're not
following it, or should we just go on with our lives and not think about it?

I ask because the discussions on repository@apache.org basically
resulted in a proposal that extends the above a bit, and if we want to
follow suit we need to revamp the project dirs.

I have no real opinion, though the above seems a bit impractical for
avalon, leading to long lists of files. Not sure how to proceed.

- Leo