avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spice License
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:43:22 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:
>>From: news [mailto:news@main.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Leo Simons
>>
>>>And I don't think having Spice as a dependency is any good.
>>
>>why?
>
> Because commons-cli provides the same stuff. And I thought that
> we had ditched Excalibur CLI for commons CLI and not for Spice CLI.

as to CLI.....

it looks like there was some miscommunication as to what the future
should be of the whole CLI thing. We've talked about this stuff several
times without actually setting straight the roadmap or what we agreed
upon, and memory can be a tricky thing.

as to licensing.....

ken gave a crystal clear answer. I trust some of the spice peeps took
notice of that and will look into fixing any issues.

as to 'forks' of stuff in spice of avalon stuff.....

I support Pete's move of stuff in avalon he is the sole maintainer for
out of avalon. It makes sense; we've been over that several times in the
talks about things like avalondb.

as to depending on stuff from the spice project.....

there is useful stuff and smart people over there (notice the density of
avalon committers :D). If there's no problem with licensing 'n stuff I
can't see why its a problem.

cheers!

- Leo