avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Jira setup
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 08:59:43 GMT
hi all,

I propose we stop using bugzilla completely for avalon projects and ask
Jason 'n Bob to host issue tracking for all of avalon on jira.werken.com.

+1 from me.

BTW, Greg (of board fame) said on infrastructure:
[Noel wrote:]
 >and Greg Stein's official statement that "adminstrative control [is] a
 >> necessary precondition to the guarantees that we make to our users
about the
 >> security of the software distributions" does this mean that Scarab
will be
 >> moving back to nagoya, or some other official hardware?

Well, note that an issue tracking system is somewhat orthogonal to the
software itself (my statement above was related to the code). If somebody
hacks our tracker, then we have some pain to deal with, but it doesn't
affect the code.

 >From a personal standpoint, I like having all the infrastructure in one
place, rather than spread across a billion boxes under various realms of
ownership/control, and that is the way that I would always vote -- put all
facilities on *.apache.org. But with my Director hat on, I'm not very
hard-line with where the issue trackers are located.

I take this as that while a move to jira might be frowned upon by some,
it is not really a big issue or against "policy". And Jira /is/ neat.

cheers,

- Leo