avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Hierarchy.java
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 22:45:42 GMT
Stephen,

> The use case I'm referring to is hypothetical (basically I looking
> forward and considering how a single block can provide aggregated
> monitoring on resource usage

Would this address an issue I have, now that I do log rotation?  I used to
be able to easily monitor the logs using tail.  Even with log rotation
turned on for httpd, I am easily able to follow the logs because of
the --previous and --symlink options to the cronolog tool.  With Avalon
logs, there is no similar option, but if I had the option of multiple
outputs from a log target, I could have both the rotating log files, and a
well-known output I could monitor.

	--- Noel