avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: avalon-excalibur/io/src/xdocs index.xml menu.xml
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:51:25 GMT
Berin,

> We are getting away from supporting those projects, and they have
> reasonable replacements (most of them any way).  The compatibility
> project is used to provide a holding place for all projects we
> are no longer actively supporting--so that users have time to migrate
> away from those projects.

IF there is compatibility, that is reasonable, but you cannot break
compatibility within AV 4, right?  I'm becoming concerned that things are
being moved before the compatibility is in place.  Admittedly, this concern
comes in part because James HEAD no longer builds against Avalon HEAD
because of changes to Excalibur packaging.

	--- Noel