avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: @avalon
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:57:06 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 02:06, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>Peter Donald wrote:

>>>is in no way is it cross container so should be out of avalon namespace.
>>
>>Could we define the attribute name, and allow containers to list the
>>values it supports?  That would require a mapping of standard names
>>to standard actions.  A container would specify that it only supports
>>a standard set or superset.
>

> Where is the advantage in doing this? If the attribute is not cross-container
> why put it in generic namespace?? Why not put it in fortress.* namespace
> until such a time when it is well tested and has time to mature?

It's a name for crying out loud, what's to mature?

All I am saying is define the name that users can use and not worry
about it until there is good reason.

@avalon.lifestyle threadsafe
@avalon.lifestyle perthread
@avalon.lifestyle poolable
@avalon.lifestyle factory

Fortress and Merlin support all four.
Phoenix only supports threadsafe, or a subset.

All we are doing is establishing the name, and some values that could
be used.

Is that too much to ask?