avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Status of Excalibur sub projects?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:47:16 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:16, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>Extension and Policy: to my knowlege they have not been relesed,
>>but there are projects which have dependencies on them.
>>
>>Are they now successfully merged into Phoenix?
>

> nope and nor should they be. They are actually used outside of phoenix and
> useful as free standing libraries.

Stephen told me that Merlin is using Extension.

As to loader and policy, what projects use them?

Many of you know my two-part agenda:

1) Get stable releases out the door
2) Try to move away from utility development
    - If the utility is critical to the way all of Avalon functions,
      then we need to maintain it here.
    - If only a few projects use it, and only one (or even none) of
      the Avalon projects uses it, we need to take a look at finding
      a better home.