avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minimal set of component attributes?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:45:56 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I have some rudimentary support for using attributes to represent
>> components and their roles.  The core mechanisms in Fortress have
>> not changed, but I am adding a new RoleManager that can read a
>> resolve components from several different jars automatically.
>

> do you envision any chance that fortress could mandate the use of a
> namespaced (not-javadoc) comment tag for those attributes?
>
> Just Curious.

Problem is time.  I personally do not want to write a parser to read
all the source code files and find the new DocTags in the component.
I also have the oppinion that the proposed comment styles are ugly,
though not nearly as ugly as the C# comment tags.

Its also a question of what's easy to tool?  We have tools already
available to work with JavaDoc tags which makes things really easy to
implement.  We also have the advantage that Java developers are *used*
to JavaDoc tags.  It may not be the most elegant from your standpoint,
but it does work.  (We all have things we prefer from an elegance
point of view).