avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:01:51 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 00:25, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks to everyone who has brought Avalon-Phoenix this far, although
>>>reading this list over the last couple of days, I must say you quabble(?)
>>>a lot.
>>
>>quabble?
>

> I found it - "QUIBBLE"
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=quibble&r=2
>
> "To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil."

ah! then yes, Avalon is 'picky-land', Niclas. There is a history of a
hundred messages-long threads for just changing the name of a single
empty interface.

Now, everywhere else, people would simply think you are nuts if you get
so picky. Here, they would think you are nuts if you are *NOT* picky
about names and ultra elegance.

But Avalon is learning how to mix that elegance-driven design with
real-life concerns and this is, IMO, a very good thing.

Stefano.