avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:14:48 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote, On 17/03/2003 0.03:
> Nicola,
>
>> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/attributes/usage.html
>
> Attributes is a bit quiet. I have a pending request to the list and CC
> the author about removal of commons-logging (it is only used for 1
> warning). I am plucking up courage to make teh commit.

;-))

I'd commit it without remorse. Put yourself in the name of the
committers and commit it, it really makes no sense.

BTW, I'm still thinking about the logging thing.

Imagine that we have all logging calls done like this:

  //@log("hello log");

we would have logging disabled by default, but we can transform the
class to use logging when running, and even transform the log calls to
make them compatible with the logging toolkit we want to use.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -