avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spice Dependency (was: RE: Spice License)
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:22:46 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> I think the most important thing is to get Gump to work. Since it
> appears that you are very concerned about back-compatibility issues,
> what prevents you from helping out to make gump work right for avalon
> and specifically excalibur?

I am addressing GUMP, and have been for the past few days.  It is a
frustratingly slow turn around time--and I have a feeling that there
are two GUMP repositories--and the one that cvs.apache.org uses is not
the one nagoya.apache.org/~rubys uses.

I would like to point out that there are *much* fewer compilation
problems listed here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/

Which is where I see my changes happening.

Cocoon has a problem in the gump descriptor where the jar file
I am trying to reference isn't comming through.  Hopefully the
next run will let me see a clear cocoon build the next time it
is run.

I have not been able to get gump running locally, so I have
to wait *hours* to see the effects of my changes.

To note:

Jakarta JAMES is building!!!!