avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: cvs commit: avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/frontends CLISetup.java]
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:14:02 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> I though the reason for "compatting" excalibur-cli was that we wish
>> to support a common cli package, namely commons-cli. If moving away
>> from excalibur-cli is just going to result in us importing the exact
>> same stuff from another project, what's the point?
>

> The point is that it allows the communities to evolve around the code
> they maintain.  It is a question of specialization.  Commons CLI folks
> are specializing on the CLI.  We are specializing on Avalon Framework,
> its containers, and certain components that require Avalon Framework.

Berin:

Leo if referring to Peter Donald's recent changes to sources and
buildfile in Phoenix.  Phoenix HEAD is now dependent on a fork of CLI
contained in the Spice project on Source Forge in contradication with
the community concensus reached on the Excalibur CLI subject and our
intention to move forward with greater collaboration with the Commons
Project.

The fork by Peter Donald comitted over a week ago is availble here:

http://spice.sourceforge.net/cli/index.html
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/spice/spice/components/cli/src/java/org/realityforge/cli/#dirlist

I would like to draw to your attention the fact that Peter Donald has
chosen to replace the Apache code license with the following.

  /*
   * Copyright (C) The Spice Group. All rights reserved.
   *
   * This software is published under the terms of the Spice
   * Software License version 1.1, a copy of which has been included
   * with this distribution in the LICENSE.txt file.
   */

Both you and Leo are listed as co-developers.
Is this correct?

  http://spice.sourceforge.net/cli/team-list.html

Cheers, Steve.

--