avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 22:42:46 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:49, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>Furthermore, the lifecycle package addresses a common need in both
>>Fortress and Merlin--alowing for a smooth migration path for users
>>as they upgrade their containers.
>>

>Then why not merge it into fortress? If Merlin is the successor of Fortress
>then that should be no problem.
>
>BTW I was not -1'ing a release (which is impossible) but that it be considered
>a "optional" extension to the framework contracts. It is a hack shared by
>fortress and Merlin

Peter:

I'm so glad your back!

Knowing that day-to-day I have your considered remarks, insightful
comments and astute observations to look forward to - it gives me a
"warm and fluffy feeling" ... you know ... like pissing in a wetsuit.
If only you could dedicate more of your time to the same.  Heck - the
whole world could be a warmer fluffier place and we would all have you
to thank for it.

Cheers, Steve.

;-)

--