avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: avalon-excalibur/io/src/xdocs index.xml menu.xml
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:37:54 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:16, bloritsch@apache.org wrote:
>
>>  Log:
>>  all these packages are merged into compatibility or replaced by lifecycle
>

> -1 on cli and io being removed as free standing projects. There is no
> justification for doing so and they worked fine as they were previously. Why
> break something that worked and add extra cruft into dependency trees of
> projects that don't need that cruft?

We are getting away from supporting those projects, and they have
reasonable replacements (most of them any way).  The compatibility
project is used to provide a holding place for all projects we
are no longer actively supporting--so that users have time to migrate
away from those projects.

I had already posted a vote on this subject last week, and noone
responded negatively.  We need to look at removing the requirement
to support free standing projects that do not fit in our charter.

You also had listed these projects as something to move out because
they do not fit the charter.  Are you changing your mind?