avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: Can't enable logging & can't connect to MySQL]
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2003 06:39:57 GMT

I'm just fowarding this mesage on from the Cocoon list because it may be
relevent to ourselves - but keep in mind that this is just a heads-up as
I have not looked into it.

Cheers, Steve.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Can't enable logging & can't connect to MySQL
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 00:59:27 -0500
From: Yatin Shah <nospam@kripa.com>
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

I've just downloaded the dev version from cvs(Mar 7 12:05 AM EST) and
I can't enable the logging facility.

I've changed WEB-INF/web.xml to set log-level to DEBUG and changed all
log-level="ERROR" to log-level="DEBUG" in WEB-INF/logkit.xconf.
Is there anything else required to enable the logging facility?

Further, I can't connect to MySQL server from cocoon.
I've done it my old environment(cvs version from Oct, 2002) by
setting the load-class parm to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver along with
org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver in web.xml and setting the datasources jdbc entry
in the cocoon.xconf.
[I have the correct jar in WEB-INF/lib and tools/jetty/lib -
mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar;
My servlet, running in the same Jetty container connects to database
without any problems]

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
Thanks
-Yatin

My environment:
=============
JDK : j2sdk1.4.0_03
Intel Linux RH 7.3
XSP uses sql logicsheets to access the database.
part of sitemap
----------------

part of the XSP
-----------------

                select category, message1, message2 from MUNDB.SBTCACAT

cocoon.xconf xml entries: [tulip is my DB host and MUNDB is my database]
---------------

      true
      jdbc:mysql://tulip/MUNDB
      dev
      secret

web.xml xml entries: [ Yes, I'm aware that the previous version of mm
driver used org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver]
---------
      load-class

        org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver