avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Evening out the Release Schedule
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:25:24 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Currently the table for the release schedule looks like this:
>
> Phase I            |  Phase II        |  Phase III
> -------------------+------------------+-------------------
> component          | container        | cli
> instrument         | event            | collections
> instrument-manager | fortress         | datasource
> logger             | sourceresolve    | instrument-client
> pool               | xfc              | io
> testcase           |                  | monitor
> i18n               |                  | naming
>                    |                  | store
>                    |                  | thread
>                    |                  | threadcontext
>                    |                  | xmlutil
>                    |                  | concurrent

I would like to merge cli, collections, io, and concurrent into
one compatibility project.  This will require CVS surgery if
we care about revision history--or we can just checkin a merged
project.

That brings the totals for number of packages to:

Phase I: 7 (i18n has no change so it is already released--6)
Phase II: 5
Phase III: 9 (without compatibility, 12)

If I move DataSource and Compatibility up to Phase II, then
we have a fairly even release schedule.

> Which still leaves the following Excalibur projects that have never
> been released (to my knowledge)--if there is a link to a public
> download of any of these, let me know:
>
> cache
> configuration
> converter
> csframework
> extension
> jprocess
> loader
> policy

Apparently Converter and JProcess were removed on the server with
an rm -rf command because my local repository still had them, but
they were never updated (it is hard to miss with all those directories
flying by in a CVS update).  They are in the sandbox.

This begs the question on what should be moved to SandBox.  My oppinion:

Cache, Configuration, CSFramework

As to the others (converter, extension, loader, and policy) I need
some feedback from the community at large.