avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Phoenix 4.0.4 release
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:09:33 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Can you put up a release candidate like I have been doing?  That way we
>> have time to debug the distributable (just in case something is missing
>> that shouldn't be, etc.).
>>
>> I am definitely +1 on a Phoenix release, I just want to make sure the
>> release is nice.
>

> Phoenix release candidate uploaded to :
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/~hammant/

Paul:

Have ust taken a look at the candidate and I noticed that your using
excalibur-pool-1.1.  The excalibur-pool (CVS candidate version) is 1.2
include the switch from excalibur-collections to commons-collections. I
think it would be a good idea to replace excalibur-pool-1.1 with 1.2 and
include the comons-collectons-2.1 jar file (commons colections 2.1
replaces the excalibur-collection dependency).  I would also be a good
idea to validate if the excalibur-collections jar file is referenced by
any of the other resouces and if not it can be removed.  If it is
referenced by something then we should look at migrating to
commons-collections.

Cheers, Steve.

p.s. documentation seems to contain several jakarta references to
Phoenix docs - perhaps this is a good time to clean that up to reference
the Avalon site.

SJM.

> Enjoy.
>
> -ph