avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hierarchy.java
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 17:44:02 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Stephen,
>
>He is referring to me, which I find more of an amusement than anything else.
>
>As far as the interface is concerned, I don't believe that he responded when
>asked for his use case from which it was clear that no one would ever want
>to have more than one listener.  I take it from your comments that you do
>have a use case for more than one listener.  Whilest we wait for his, would
>you please share yours?

Hi Noel:

The use case I'm referring to is hypothetical (basically I looking
forward and considering how a single block can provide aggregated
monitoring on resource usage - because of the hierarchical structure of
blocks and the characteristic of potentially sharing a common logging
system, there may exist a requirement for multiple listeners).  However
- I don't particular want to get into a debate about this subject -
we've done that already - and practical experimentation on this is
probably several months away.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell