avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [phoenix] Natural Log4j/JDK1.4 Logging config
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2003 22:39:11 GMT
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 03:54, Korosh Afshar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on the below log4j thread I have 2 questions.  And then another on log4j
> function currently in phoenix that doesn't seem to behave correctly.
>
> 1) is it now possible to use: SAR-INF/log4j.properties in the my SAR
> file in the order specified and expect phoenix to pick it up?   I
> grepped the avalon-phoenix source for log4j.properties and didn't see
> any references.

It doesn't work now. It will work in the future ... when I (or someone else)
implement it ;)

> 3) I am now using my environment.xml to define my log4j properties as
> such:
> .myblock.MyClass  - blah blah blah
>
>   (notice the "." prefixed )

Yep - unfortunately there was a bug in the last release about this. I have
fixed it in the latest CVS and unit tests for it ... I think ;)

Hopefully after the next release we can start improving the log4j support.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald