avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: todo list
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2003 01:59:35 GMT
On Thursday 20 March 2003 20:02, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > Today I CAN take the code and do something else with it, without
> > consulting Apache, I can spawn it, make it commercial, practically
> > anything except leveraging on the Apache name.
> > What more can I do IF ASF didn't have copyright on a particular file?
>
> Call it RedHat Apache.

?? That means that if I _don't_ use Apache software I can call the software
"RedHat Apache" ??  Sounds like a totally different issue, normally referred
as Trademarks.

Am I allowed to release a software called "Niclas Excel"? Even a spreadsheet
application?

Sorry, for getting way off-topic...

Niclas