avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:39:53 GMT
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:32, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> If I have logging in many places in my app, it means that I *need* it
> there, like asserts... ever tried moving asserts outside of the code?

yep. We did in Avalon actually. Theres quite a few Design-By-Constraints
toolkits out there and I actually have a written a DBC interceptor that
performs validation as appropriate.

> For me logging, asserts, etc I call them "concerns" rather than
> "aspects". They are not part of the application architecture, but are a
> common concern for all classes.

Depends on the logging. System level logging, entrance to methods, or resource
usage I would consider something controllable by AOP but domain level logging
is different kettle of fish.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald