avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <paul_hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: @avalon
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:00:03 GMT
> > Is it really necesary for us to come up with a single set of tags now is it? Let
it slide
> until
> > JSR-111 comes out.
>
> That will be a while (we both know that).

:-)

> What we want for Avalon is to provide a set of attributes that we build
> upon so that the user has a smooth migration path.

To be honest doclet tags are not that important. The meta-data form is.  Principally what
is in a
in an XML file adjacent to the class file, in the jar.  We'll always allow people to build
avalon
comps without using doclet tags if they want right?  So why do this design thing on doclet
tags?

Besides. We will change things twice from now on if we do rescope JSR-111.

My simple assertion is that doclet tags are not hindering adoption of Avalon presently.

- Paul