avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Minimal set of component attributes?
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:29:22 GMT
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:21, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I can think of the following *core* attributes:

see avalon-sandbox/info/src/xdocs/xdoclet.xml for what I consider core
attributes.

> @avalon.service   -- Required for marking role interfaces.

I thought we already decided to use the term "service" to refer to the work
interfaces that a component provides other components. It would be better to
use @avalon.role or @avalon.interface as marker for work interface.

> @avalon.scope     -- Used to represent the scope of the component,
>                        and consequently the lifestyle.  Values are
>                        "container", "thread", and "request"

Not common across avalon and I can think of several more "scopes". So this is
largely container specific and should be in the fortress namespace.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme
excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the
enemy's resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu, 300 B.C.