avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 00:52:46 GMT
On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 05:27, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > I am moving all the code out that I am sole author for. I am encouraging
> > others to do the same - I hope within a few months that most of
> > avalon-apps will be gone and significant portions of excalibur will also
> > be gone. Paul has already moved some stuff out, as has Eung-Ju and I. I
> > have been poking the other Peter to do the same.
>
> Why do you think this is good? (I'm not ironic, I'm just curious)

Because it is not developed by Avalon but by individuals. Some it is dead or
not under development or use. Even the solid stuff will never get released -
at least not if it has my name on it :) Better for the code to move out and
better for Avalon as use of a product is determined by merit alone - not
whether it is inside Apache.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald