avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:02:40 GMT
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:10, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> This is the problem and Peter appears to be the only one *really*
> watching over what's going on in this project. Probably because he's
> doing some sneaky moves himself so he's more sensible about them.

Please don't. I have been fairly open about what I am going to be doing over
next bit.

I am moving all the code out that I am sole author for. I am encouraging
others to do the same - I hope within a few months that most of avalon-apps
will be gone and significant portions of excalibur will also be gone. Paul
has already moved some stuff out, as has Eung-Ju and I. I have been poking
the other Peter to do the same.

In time I will start poking some of the Cocoon peeps to migrate some of the
Cocoon originated stuff back into Cocoon - much better for Cocoon that way
and hopefully better for Avalon.

Post fortress release I intend to attempt to get framework cleaned up; marker
interfaces, component.*, *Selectors deprecated. Provide a solid ECM->
fortress migration path and finally start process of dumping the crappy code
we have been carrying for ages.

At the same time I have consolidating Phoenix. Basically means getting unit
tests solid and trying to get 95% test coverage on all the supporting
libraries. I also plan to make it more agile by reducing dependencies,
reducing duplication, internal decoupling and so forth.

In the end I want to see the majority of cornerstone/excalibur/apps gone.
Framework to be half deprecated, docs to be decrufted. Hows that for sneaky?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald