avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 21:52:34 GMT
On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 07:55, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:
> > Get over. I have spent hours upon hours explaining this and wrote up
> > several long emails and documents explaining this in the past. I have
> > given oodles and oodles of links to both java and dot.net based
> > approaches. What is it you find lacking in my previous explanations?
>
> possibly the lack of that list of links in the same message as the
> veto.

"It is the same approach that has been done before and failed and can't
cleanly produce some aspects like delayed activation, passivation,
persistence, transaction demarcation, bifuricating interception etc."

which is still true and still justification for the veto.

When asked for my opinion on possible paths to fix I suggested that
interceptor pattern is the solution. I sent along a couple of links (as has
Leo) and that should be enough. If there is something missing then feel free
to ask questions after reading the links I have sent.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald