avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2003 21:12:02 GMT
On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:49, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Furthermore, the lifecycle package addresses a common need in both
> Fortress and Merlin--alowing for a smooth migration path for users
> as they upgrade their containers.

Then why not merge it into fortress? If Merlin is the successor of Fortress
then that should be no problem.

BTW I was not -1'ing a release (which is impossible) but that it be considered
a "optional" extension to the framework contracts. It is a hack shared by
fortress and Merlin

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham