avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [Phoenix] Incompatible Changes to ClassLoader contents
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 13:39:30 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:56, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I was quite fond of that feature of Phoenix ...

You can still do it ..  just no longer the default. Is that good enough for
you?

> Could it be that the environment.xml should indicate whether the parent
> classloader to the SAR is includes excalibur jars or not...

We could include a backwards compatible mechanism but I would prefer a clean
break. I have been meaning to add a shared classloader that is shared between
all apps. Basically I want to add a default classloader hierarchy identical
to the following (but translated into phoenix terms).

http://ant.apache.org/myrmidon/classloader.html

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald