avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [logkit] Closeable
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2003 08:25:48 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 21:48, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have added a Closeable interface into Logkit
>
> OK, but even with a closeable interface the question is:
>
>   If a LogTarget wraps another LogTarget, should it
>   close the wrapped target when it is closed?
>
> The answer so far is *no*. OK, so we can solve this in
> two ways (I'm sure there are more):

Does it need solving? In many situations one target may be in a chain and the
wrapper logtarget may wrap part of the chain. Having the wrapper close the
target could effect other targets who share the chains. Why can't a central
manager component who tracks all targets do the closing?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
When a stupid man is doing something he's ashamed of,
he always declares that it is his duty.
					George Bernard Shaw