avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [logkit] Closeable .. ma no Openable?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 08:26:17 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:43, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Remember the issue that we discussed related to socket logging?

Sorry - cant. Refresh my memory ;)

> And if you
> are going to allow re-configurable logging, e.g., via JMX, then won't the
> admin beans need to be able to reconfigure, open, close, etc.?

I wasn't planning on allowing reconfiguration of a running system (too
difficult and would require too much synchronization and potential slowdons).
I was planning on haveing reconfiguration == rewriting.

> Basically, I think that the idea of configurations being immutable ought to
> go away as much as possible (at least from a JMX administration
> perspective).

Any reason why rewriting wouldn't work for you?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| "Religion is what the common people see as true, the |
| wise people see as false, and the rulers see as      |
| useful" --Seneca                                     |