avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Anyone else having issues connecting to CVS on Apache?
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:46:02 GMT
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Kurt Schrader wrote:
> > You might want to try it without the '-z3'.
> > I've had problems using compression in the past.
>
> It seems to be working again.

OK, so it looks like the last time I did an upgrade of the OS, while
merging in the system-level config files I updated /etc/hosts.  /etc/hosts
has entries for both 127.0.01 and for ::1, the IPV6 equivalent.  Both were
configured to point to "localhost", so when a query was made for
"localhost", both addresses would be returned in a round-robin fashion.
However, none of the usual apps (cvs, etc) which are bound to 127.0.01
also bind to ::1, since most don't talk IPV6, so about half the time the
connections would fail.  This is why the behavior would appear to be
transient when setting up ssh tunnels.

So, it should be fixed now.

	Brian