avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject [logkit] Closeable .. ma no Openable?
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:54:15 GMT
Hi,

I have added a Closeable interface into Logkit but as yet there is no Openable
interface. The question becomes - is there a need for an Openable interface
ala

interface Openable
{
  void open();
}

That way we could reopen targets after we have closed them vie Closeable. But
as the configuration of targets is generally immutable I am not sure there is
any benefit in that?

Alternatively we could just add an extra interface like

interface ActiveTarget
{
  void open();
  void close();