avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Source and Binary for FtpServer
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:20:02 GMT
On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 11:16, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Jason,
>
> It is already a set of Avalonized comps. Runs in Phoenix as a default destination too.
 Are you
> suggesting yours, James', Bob's Werken.com as a home for it? Or only for a deployment?

It's got phoenix specifics in there doesn't it? Blocks if I'm not
mistaken, yes?

> Both would be great I guess.  We (Rana) completed most features up to but not including
Ftplets.

The Rackspace box houses several domains now but Bob whipped
codehaus.org as a little place for OSS project's we're interested in.
You're both welcome to have accounts, place the code there, use the
mailing list manager and use JIRA. I have a specific interest in the
FTPServer. Really, any components that you have a keen interest in can
be housed on the Rackspace box.

http://www.codehaus.org

I definitely volunteer to help set up the ftp server project there, help
with a build, site and whatever else is necessary.

Leo Simons wrote:

> > > It's Rana's call IMO. I think (like I said before) it would
> > > be best for the app and for avalon if development continued
> > > outside of avalon's scope. Whether it makes sense to do
> > > that @ incubator, or @ tigris, @ sourceforge, or somewhere
> > > else...not for me to decide I think.
> >
> > Rana,
> >
> > I very much am interested in the FTP server and Bob McWhirter run a box
> > at Rackspace where he host some projects and I would be happy to host
> > the FTP server and help make standard Avalon wrappers for it. I work in
> > the printing/publishing industry and FTP has long been the defacto
> > standard for the transmission of everything from soup to nuts so I
> > definitely have a business need and will eventually help to support it.
> > At the very least I could get you a build/site up and running in a
> > couple of minutes with Maven and bug tracking with JIRA on the Rackspace
> > box.
> >
> > > cheers,
> > >
> > > - Leo

> > --
> > jvz.
> >
> > Jason van Zyl
> > jason@zenplex.com
> > http://tambora.zenplex.org
> >
> > In short, man creates for himself a new religion of a rational
> > and technical order to justify his work and to be justified in it.
> >
> >   -- Jacques Ellul, The Technological Society

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org