avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject Interceptors and Lifecycle (was: RE: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release)
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:38:46 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
>
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:14, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > I assume those things can be handled with interceptors. An
> interceptor
> > can be realized via wrapping a component in a proxy, yes?
>
> one approach.
>
> > Then if the methods in the Creator and Accessor interfaces
> are made to
> > *return* an Object, then they can be used to wrap components in
> > proxies.
> >
> > Would this be enough to realize those use cases?
>
> it would be an improvement but still no cigar.
>
> I would hardly call these interfaces well tested or mature.
> Given them a year
> or more and if they are still about then we can consider
> moving them in. Even
> then I doubt they should be in framework as they would not be
> specific to
> avalon

I'm trying to find some common ground - it is complicated mostly because
while I know what an interceptor *is* I have no clue at all just what
difficulties I would run up against when trying to implement it.

I found this:

    http://www.java.no/web/moter/moteSep02/AOP_files/frame.html

Now, if a lifecycle package could be constructed that would support
everything described there, would it be enough?

/LS