avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: Avalon core CVS
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2003 18:00:18 GMT
> cvs -d :ext:leosutic@cvs.apache.org/home/bloritsch co avalon
The authenticity of host 'cvs.apache.org (208.185.179.13)' can't be
established.
DSA key fingerprint is 79:7c:cb:6a:44:47:b2:ef:5c:66:28:d7:40:0d:b1:f9.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added 'cvs.apache.org' (DSA) to the list of known
hosts.
Password:
cvs server: Updating avalon
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/home/bloritsch/avalon'
(/home/bloritsch/avalon/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/home/bloritsch/avalon'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

(OK, trying harder...)

> cvs -d :ext:leosutic@cvs.apache.org/home/bloritsch co avalon
Password:
cannot create_adm_p /tmp/cvs-serv551/avalon
Permission denied

Could you do a chown -R bloritsch.avalon /home/bloritsch?

> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
> I also have an archive of the full 90 MB

OK, that is the most important, IMO. (Doesn't matter what we do,
as long as we can go back to a known good state.)

> While I am at it, what are your feelings about adding the
> sub-directory "framework" to avalon?  That would allow us to
> have the released container/tools as separate trees under the
> same umbrella like we originally discussed at the beginning.

You mean

avalon/framework
avalon/framework/build
avalon/framework/docs
avalon/framework/src

?

It would make sense from an organizational point of view, but we
should not over-categorize. I don't want avalon core CVS to
look like Excalibur CVS - at least not unless we have a non-ad-hoc
build system (the Excalibur build system is good and it works, but
it still shows that Ant doesn't really scale to those extents).

However, with framework + maybe three or four other sub-directories
that would be fine.

/LS