avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] lifecycle release
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:14:50 GMT
> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@realityforge.org]
>
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:49, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> >   * that the package be migrated from the avalon-sandbox
> >     CVS to the avalon CVS as a separate project along-side
> >     the avalon framework
>
> -1 as it does not belong at same level as framework.
>
> >   * the release of the avalon-lifecycle package shall be
> >     considered as an "optional" extension to the framework
> >     contracts
>
> -1
>
> It is the same approach that has been done before and failed
> and can't cleanly
> produce some aspects like delayed activation, passivation,
> persistence,
> transaction demarcation, bifuricating interception etc.

I assume those things can be handled with interceptors. An
interceptor can be realized via wrapping a component in a proxy, yes?

Then if the methods in the Creator and Accessor interfaces are made to
*return* an Object, then they can be used to wrap components in
proxies.

Would this be enough to realize those use cases?

/LS