avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 rc 5
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:22:18 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I have uploaded Avalon Framework 4.1.4 rc 5 to:
>
> http://avalon.apache.org/~bloritsch/framework-dist/
>
> Please let me know if there is anything that would prevent
> a release.  If there are no complaints, I will put it up
> for vote tomorrow ~Noon EST.

not complaints, but did noticed some imperfections:

Some minor things:

- the docs link to http://avalon.apache.org/framework/api/index.html
which doesn't exist. Not really an issue with the release but it needs
fixing.

- the jar in the binary distribution contains several empty "test"
directories. Note this is true for 4.1.3 as well; never noticed it before.

- the docs/api directory is empty for the binary distribution (but it
does exist).

- the source distribution contains src/maven and src/proposal; not sure
if that is a good idea, but they were in 4.1.3 as well so we should
probably keep them for consistency. Again, something I never really
noticed before.

One major thing:

- the ant buildfile and needed entity files (ie build.xml,
check-targets.ent, forrest-targets.ent) are missing from the source
distribution. This makes it somewhat difficult to build :D

cheers,

- Leo