avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: What to do with Sevak.
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:30:47 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

> With respect to the former, I think sevak api should go to say incubator.  The catalina
impl
> should either go with it, or end up with Catalina (as a separate download?).

I think the Sevak API should remain with Phoenix, because it is a
central feature to an application server, much like JMX. Since Sevak is
usable with Merlin as well, it might also be conceivable to move it to
Excalibur.

> The Jo! impl should go to SouceForge.  With Jo! at http://sourceforge.net/projects/tagtraum-jo
> maybe.
>
> The Jetty impl should be with http://sourceforge.net/projects/jetty as a module as the
JBoss
> plugin is.
>
> The is also merit to having the Jo and Jetty Sevak impls together in the same (new) SourceForge
> project.

I'm not sure what licensing issues could conceivably exist with the
implementations. Sevak is just using the public APIs of 3rd party
products. Surely there can't be any licensing issues with using public APIs?

The JARs don't have to be in Apache's CVS, they could be extra
downloads. I'm all for making it as easy as possible for users.

Ulrich