avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: restructure jakarta-avalon
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 20:14:55 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote, On 05/02/2003 11.14:
>
>> I'll be restructuring jakart-avalon a bit, as discussed yesterday.
>> It'll be briefly messy. Will say when done.
>
> Leo, great thanks for the hard work and effort.

:D

> I've a bit ill ATM, so although I'm replying to mails, I had a hard time
> doing anything else

get well soon!

> Here are fixes I'm going to do:
>
>  1 - make Forrest render from simplified docbook

cool.

>  2 - make avalon-tigris render the same in Mozilla and IE

cool.

>  3 - use the Avalon logo

? We use it all over the place, don't we?

>  4 - use the javadocs created by Gump instead of the ones in CVS

cool.

>  5 - update the site CVS with the updated skin
>      http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/site/jakarta-avalon-site

cool.

> Any other things to check for ATM?

yeah, "Add the pages to filterlinks passed into the link view to avoid
generating pages in first place." (PD). Not really an idea what it
means. I think you do :D

Basically the cocoon error pages are totally annoying when you know the
link is not actually broken (for example if apidocs are added in later
or if you link to '../index.html'). Also, link checkers like Noel set up
will not be able to find the problem because they can't see that a link
is actually broken.

So I want something simple, like

forrest.properties
------------------
# for generating of offline docs
link.index = http://avalon.apache.org/
link.api = api/

forrest.no-error-pages=true

forrest.properties.online
-------------------------
# for generating of online docs
link.index = ../index.html
link.api = http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadocs/somewhere

forrest.no-error-pages=true

book.xml
--------
<menu-item href="forrest:link.api" name="Javadocs"/>

but I can't figure out how to do it.

cheers,

- Leo