avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Avalon Framework Release Plan
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:09:01 GMT
I stripped out and simplified lots of things.

http://cvs.apache.org/~leosimons/jakarta-avalon.zip

didn't take too much effort. I didn't want to commit all these changes
right now as I don't want to impact work others may have in the pipeline
right now, and y'all might disagree with the simplifications I made.

Nicola, lemme know how you're doing with the docs.

You should get the idea from the zipfile. Basically something like

- rm -Rf src/xdocs
- cp -R proposal/avalon-forrest/src/documentation/content/xdocs \
   src/documentation/content/
- cp -R proposal/avalon-forrest/src/documentation/resources \
   src/documentation/resources
- rm -Rf src/documentation/skins \
   src/documentation/resources/schema \
   src/documentation/library \
   src/documentation/content/history
- cp proposal/forrest* .
- cp tools/ext/logk* tools/lib
- rm -Rf tools/ext/
- mv tools/lib/* lib/
- mv logos ../jakarta-avalon-site/src
- rm -Rf src/diagrams (these need updating or removal)
- rm -Rf tools/lib/
- rm -Rf proposal
- rm $some_misc_cruft_I_forgot
- fix up buildfile

with on the todo:
- add back in announcement incidentally snipped
- developing with avalon
- missing licenses for a few jars

the big thing to notice is that everyting in tools/ext except for the
logkit jar can go, and some stuff from tools/lib too, which cleans up
nicely :D

I've got no time anymore right now to fix this properly but can do so
tomorrow afternoon (gmt+1) if no-one beats me to it.

cheers!

- Leo