avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re-precating (?) classes (was: RE: What is a Parser?)
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:53:11 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> _It has already been taken care of_

just because it is possible and advisable for cocoon to remove the
reference to Component from their sources doesn't mean we should push
them or our other users into doing so. What about picking a current
cocoon binary release and replacing the avalon-framework binary in there
(or perhaps I always put avalon into my tomcat and jbuilder lib/ dir and
so that overrides the classes in cocoon, and I get a deprecation warning
all the time)? Not taken care of.

Heck, there's an important avalon-using project asking for the removal
of a few '@' characters in the avalon-framework javadocs, and they have
a reasonably good reason (confused users).

Why put your foot down on this? I see zero benefit and unhappy faces
(well, imagined unhappy faces).

cheers,

- Leo