avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] cocoon2 build error
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:09:26 GMT
hi,

It looks like the problem is that an extra required first argument,
namely role, was added to the ComponentHandler methods. This role in the
end results in a call to ComponentProxyGenerator.getProxy(), where this
role argument is passed in.

The role argument has to be a fully qualified classname, as it is simply
used as m_classLoader.loadClass( role );.

So, it seems to me that the additional role argument is totally
redundant, and what should happen instead is that ComponentHandler
should do a componentClass.class.getName() for passing in the role
argument to the proxy generator.

Berin, can you confirm?

If this is not possible for some reason, it should still be trivial to
re-add the methods with no role argument in them and use class.getName()
on the componentClass to get the role.

cheers,

- Leo

PS: shame on us for letting an issue like this exist for 4 months! ;)