avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] move mailing lists to avalon.apache.org
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:58:30 GMT
Hi all,

I would like to propose that we all mailing lists are renamed from

avalon-*@jakarta.apache.org

*@avalon.apache.org

Brian (of infrastructure genius fame) has already said this is quite
possible, and some people have requested it. It also Simply Makes
Sense(tm) and Keeps Things Consistent(sm) with other apache projects.

this entails

- reconfiguration of qmail 'n stuff by the apmail team
- updates to eyebrowse to archive the new stuff by the apmail team
- contacting the gmane people to get things changed on their end
- contacting the mail-archive.com people to get things changed on their end
- contacting the marc.theaimsgroup.com people to get things changed on
their end
- updating references to avalon-dev
- updating the mailing list information (avalon.apache.org/mail.html,
jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html), and doing a

r/avalon-([a-z]+)@jakarta\.apache\.org/$1@avalon\.apache\.org/i

on all our sourcefiles to update all references
- updating your addressbook :D

(please add anything I missed! :D)
---

While we're at it, I would also like to propose that we create an
announce@avalon.apache.org for announces about project releases and the
like, and also modify all resources listed above to take this into account.

---

I volunteer to do the documentation updates and get things worked out
with apmail people, and also to document the rout taken for a "best
practices" document to benefit other new top-level projects.

cheers,

- Leo