avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] LogKit LoggerListener API
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 21:21:34 GMT
> I think we have entered the "well it depends on your personal
> preferences" zone here. I see your point, and still I think my
> way is better - simply because I give more weight to my own
> arguments for no particular reason other than my own
> sense of aestethics.

LOL

Personally, I was permanently corrupted by the experience of writing
real-time operating systems for ROMable systems that were expected to run
for, oh, ever between reboots.  In component oriented packaging, you need
enforcable contracts.

> > Why have a listener at all?

> To hold up the release for as long as possible while we debate
> things that are really unimportant compared to getting a release
> out the door.

If this is something that isn't needed, then rather than resolve issues
related to a new public interface, if there is still debate over what it
should be, deal with it later.

	--- Noel