avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release LogKit 1.2
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 07:00:29 GMT
> I was wondering if you knew which rotation strategy was implied by the
> configuration.  The configuration is actually part of Excalibur Logger
> package which is presumably pulling things together out of the LogKit
> log/output/io/rotate/ package.

<<shrug>>  What do I know?  I haven't read through the code.  I had to find
the docs originally via google.

Here is the whole thing, again (inside of a <targets> element):

  <file id="smtpserver-target">
    <filename>${app.home}/logs/smtpserver</filename>
    <format>%{time:dd/MM/yy HH:mm:ss} %5.5{priority} %{category}:
%{message}\n%{throwable}</format>
    <append>true</append>
    <rotation type="unique" pattern="-yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm" suffix=".log">
      <or>
        <date>dd</date>
        <size>10485760</size>
      </or>
    </rotation>
  </file>

It is what it is.  AIUI, that uses the unique file code and the OrRotation
on top of the date and size rotations, but again I haven't tried to read the
code.

	--- Noel