avalon-dev mailing list archives

From David Worms <da...@simpledesign.com>
Subject [Merlin-AltRMI] did someone achieved it?
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:57:04 GMT

I am fighting very hard to have Merlin, cornerstone, and AltRMI working
toguether. I was almost there until I stuck 3 lines of code from
paradise. Maybe the problem is just about my lack of knowledge in using
AltRMI.

I have tried every possible combinations but none worked. All my
Cornerstone blocks get properly loaded and configured in Merlin. One
the server side, I have tried to configure the publisher with both
PartialSocketObjectStreamServer or PartialSocketCustomStreamServer. On
the client side, I get two type of problems depending on the host
context I use:

o Client side code 1:

Factory altrmiFactory = new ClientSideClassFactory();
HostContext hc = new SocketObjectStreamHostContext( "127.0.0.1", 8666 );

     generate:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.BadConnectionException: Cannot open
Stream(s) for socket: Cannot connect to remote AltRMI server. Have we a
mismatch on transports?
...client.impl.socket.AbstractSocketStreamInvocationHandler.<init>(Abstr
actSocketStreamInvocationHandler.java:66)
...client.impl.socket.SocketObjectStreamInvocationHandler.<init>(SocketO
bjectStreamInvocationHandler.java:48)
...client.impl.socket.SocketObjectStreamHostContext.<init>(SocketObjectS
treamHostContext.java:46)

o Client side code 2:

Factory altrmiFactory = new ClientSideClassFactory();
HostContext hc = new SocketCustomStreamHostContext( "127.0.0.1", 8666 );
altrmiFactory.setHostContext( hc, false );

     generate:

AltRMI service abnormally ended, Trying to reconnect (attempt 0)

Does someone has any idea/experience, or could direct me to a project
integrating merlin with AltRMI?

Thanks

David